Thursday, April 21, 2011

I LOVE SHOPPING!!!

This is an activity I used to dread! I had to generally walk past all the really cute clothes to get to the Plus-size ('fatty-size', 'queen-size', 'big girl-size, etc) department, where the clothes there left a LOT to be desired. Mostly 'grandma' styles! Nothing ever fit really well, and I never felt very pretty in any of my things. I pretty much wore tents, 'cause that's pretty much all that fit! I was pushing a size 30 at my heaviest! O. M. G!!!!!! That still blows my mind when I really stop to think about it! Some friends of mine at Weight Watchers now call the W that goes behind the size a 'wide'!

I went up to the North Georgia Premium Outlets with my daughter, Anna, the other evening and we gathered up probably 25 or so dresses for me to try on! They were all a size 16 (misses, not 'wide'!) and each and every one FIT ME!!! I was never so excited to be trying on dresses as I was that night! I truly liked how I looked in almost everything! And the ones I really didn't like were because of the style, NOT because I was fat! And Anna could really be honest in her opinions, because anything she said didn't hurt my feelings! I picked two dresses to purchase, and they should be good for a few months, until I go down another size! Yay, me!!!

When we got home, it got me thinking about other things that have changed from my fat days! I can now fit in my car without the steering wheel hitting me in the gut, and at restaurants we can sit in booths because I can fit behind the table and it doesn't even touch my belly! I can wrap a bath towel ALL the way around me and it actually crosses over and I can tuck in the top! I can get in and out of the shower without my hips touching either side of the shower door! And at the gym and hair salon, I can use a robe and it crosses over and I can use the tie belt! Let me tell you, it's all about the little things, that add up to make an enormous difference in my life!! So what small accomplishments have you had in your life lately? Trust me, once you sit down and actually list them, you are going to feel like a ROCKSTAR!! I know I certainly do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment